At Sutekh we have a general code of conduct for our events and an online code of conduct
This is the complete general code of conduct
TLTR; Don’t be a jerk, and remember you are just as important as everyone else. If you are feeling uncomfortable then please let a relevant executive member know (e.g Kathryn the Woman’s Officer, Misty the Queer Officer and Patrick the New Member Officer, or another executive at your discretion). You’re not alone, and your comfort is just as important as everyone else. Please be mindful of noise, and try not to speak over others.
- Attendees will receive explicit consent before engaging in any physical or sexual contact. Lack of consent does not imply consent.
- Attendees will not discriminate, shame or be biased against others for any reason, including but not limited to: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, circumstances of birth, political affiliation, religious affiliation, LGBTQIAPK+ traits, appearance, physical or mentally divergent traits, difference in ability, or any assumptions derived from any of the previous.
- Attendees are expected to refer to others by preferred pronouns at their request. If an attendee makes a mistake about another’s pronouns then they should apologise and attempt to use the correct pronouns hencewith.
- Attendees should be mindful of noise and language both in and out of events. They should be mindful that humour is not universal and jokes that they find funny may cause others discomfort or offence. (Examples of jokes that may be considered offensive include but are not limited to: religion jokes, differently able jokes, and mental health jokes) Regarding noise, they should be especially mindful of event wide announcements and endeavour not to speak over such announcements.
- Should an attendee feel uncomfortable or feel they have made another uncomfortable then they should:
- Approach the member who made them uncomfortable, or who they made uncomfortable, and explain the situation and request apology or apologise.
- Approach a relevant executive member, Kathryn the Woman’s Officer, Misty the Queer Officer and Patrick the New Member Officer, or at the member’s discretion.
Sutekh is not affiliated with nor does it actively support/condemn any political movements. We encourage open and respectful discussion among our members and in order to facilitate it, we advise you to follow our Code of Conduct outlined above.
On the rare event that any punishment or warning will be handed down to a member or event attendee, it will be done on the executive level and may be taken higher if needed. However, in the event that the executive level must hand down any form of punishment or warning they are expected to:
- Put aside any and all personal bias towards the case and the individuals involved, to be fair and reasonable to all.
- Consult Identity Officers, New Member Officer, or President as the case requires (if someone is being or feeling discriminated against with regards to gender, sexuality, newness or other reasons, the relative executive member will be involved).
- Hear out the defence of the accused party in the interests of forming a fair and rational judgement.
- Take the accused party to any higher placed executive member at their request, if they feel they have been treated unfairly.
SUTEKH is not affiliated with nor does it actively support/ condemn any political movements. We encourage open and respectful discussion among our members and in order to facilitate it, we advise you to follow our online conduct policy.
Online conduct will be monitored based on a warning system. One violation of the policy will result in a warning. If the member persists violating the policy, the member will be blocked from the page for a week. If the behaviour persists again, the member will be blocked permanently. The exceptions to this rule, where automatic blocking is permitted, are outlined below.
The exec have the discretion to warn or subsequently block members in violation of the following rules:
– disrespectful/ deliberately inflammatory comments on a thread where a heated discussion is taking place
– personal insults or comments that can be interpreted as such
– discrimination or shaming against another member based on:
-circumstances of their birth
-any other aspects of their body or mind
-aspects of their personal life which do not harm people or otherwise violate this policy
-political or religious affiliations
-assumptions derived from any of the above.
(including but not limited to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, difference of abilities, religion and political leaning)
The exec will automatically block users who do the following:
– reveal personal information about a third party without their consent
– make threats of harm to any person/persons
– post blatant pornographic material to the page
Please also note that we discourage posting links to pirated material. You are free to do it, but it has the potential to inconvenience both you and the group.
If you think you have been transgressed in any way, please contact any member of the SUTEKH exec. The Queer Officer, Misty, and Women’s Officer, Kathryn, are always available to talk to if you have any issues.